Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions - Barnardos Mother of the Year 2018
i. The ‘Finalists’ are the Nominees who will be selected from each state and territory in Australia. There are a total of 8 Finalists.
ii. The ‘Nominator’ is the person who completes a nomination form in order to nominate a mother for Barnardos Mother of the Year 2018.
iii. The ‘Nominee’ means a mother who is nominated for Barnardos Mother of the Year 2018.
iv. The ‘Promoter’ is Barnardos Australia, ABN 18 068 557 906 of 60-64 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW 2007.
v. The ‘Promotion’ is Barnardos Mother of the Year 2018.
vi. The ‘Shortlist’ is the list of 48 Nominees who have been selected by the Promoter to progress to the next round of judging. 6 Nominees are selected from each state and territory in Australia.
vii. A ‘Sponsor’ is an entity or government body which provides financial or other support for the Promotion, as listed on the Promoter’s website from time to time.
viii. The ‘Winner’ is the Nominee who wins the Promotion nationally.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years or over except for:
- employees of the Promoter and their immediate families;
- carers associated with the Promoter (either paid, voluntary or otherwise) and their immediate families, [Please note that carers who reside in the Australian Capital Territory, where all out-of-home care is arranged through the ACT Together consortium of which the Promotor is the lead agency, may enter the Promotion];
- members of the judging panel and their immediate families; and
- employees of the Sponsors and their immediate families.
- The Nominator, Nominee and their two referees must all be 18 years or over.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Finalists or the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged by the Promoter and the Shortlist will be judged by members of the judging panel based on the contribution the Nominee has made towards going ‘over and above’ for their children or children in their community. If a Nominee from the ACT who is a carer affiliated with the Promoter is selected for the Shortlist, that Nominee’s affiliation with the Promotor will not be disclosed to the judging panel in order to keep the judging process independent and fair. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Promotion, Nominators will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of entry. Nominees will be contacted by the Promoter to confirm that they accept the nomination and wish to proceed in the Promotion, and that they accept these Terms and Conditions of entry.
- Nominations must be made via the Promoter’s official nomination form available on the Promoter’s website or Facebook page or on request from the Promotion team. The Nominator must describe in 400 words or less, why the Nominee should be considered for the award. Any nominations exceeding 400 words will not be eligible. All Shortlisted nominations must provide a photo of the Nominee and the contact details of two (2) referees (other than the Nominator) including their telephone number so they can be contacted by the Promoter to assess the nomination.
- At least one (1) referee must be another person (aside from the Nominator) who is not related to or living with the Nominee (the mum you are nominating) and who has known the Nominee for two years or more. This referee could be a friend, colleague or somebody in the community who can be contacted during the judging period so the Promoter may ask further questions or obtain additional information regarding the nomination, if necessary. It is compulsory to provide a non-related (non-family member) referee, including their full contact details, for the nomination to be considered.
- The Promotion commences on 2/11/2017 and final entries close at 11.59pm AEST on 11/02/2018 (Promotion Period).
- The judging panel is comprised of ambassadors and Sponsor representatives who are appointed by the Promoter.
- Judging of the Shortlist by the judging panel will be held on 21/03/2018 at 9am AEST at the Promoter’s head office, 60-64 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW 2007.
- There will be a state and territory announcement of each Finalist in each state and territory. These announcement events are scheduled to take place between 16/04/2018 and 26/04/2018. The six Nominees who have been Shortlisted for each state and territory will be required to attend the announcement event in their state or territory. Where the Promoter considers that air travel is required for a Shortlisted Nominee and their Nominator to attend a state or territory announcement, the Promoter will pay for the return economy air fare of the Shortlisted Nominee and their Nominator to attend the announcement event as well as any overnight accommodation which may be required. Any such air travel must commence from within the state or territory in which the Shortlisted Nominee and their Nominator ordinarily reside. The accommodation is to be selected by the Promoter. One Finalist will be selected from the Shortlisted Nominees in each state and territory (for a national total of 8 Finalists).
- Each Finalist will receive the following prizes:
- return economy flights for the Nominee and Nominator from their home state or territory to Sydney;
- 3 nights twin share accommodation in Sydney at the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour to attend the national announcement of the Winner (scheduled for 10/05/2018), to be held at the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour;
- Aldi products; and
- a bunch of fresh flowers.
- Prize value for each Finalist is up to $500RRP. The total prize value for all Finalists is $4,000.
- The judging panel will judge the Finalists and determine the Winner in its absolute discretion from the 8 Finalists. In addition to the prizes received as a Finalist, the Winner will receive additional prizes with a total prize value of up to $5,000 RRP.
- Prize values are correct at the time of publishing. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes are at the Promoter’s discretion and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with an alternate prize of equal or greater value.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and any third party involved in the Promotion from time to time (including Sponsors, partners, prize providers and the ambassadors) make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any prize(s). The Promoter and any third party involved in the Promotion from time to time (including Sponsors, partners, prize providers and the ambassadors) are not liable for any loss or damage, including personal injury, suffered whilst using any prize(s).
- The Promoter and any third party involved in the Promotion from time to time (including Sponsors, partners, prize providers and ambassadors) take no responsibility for any expenses incurred by a Nominee, Nominator or anyone else in attending the national announcement of the Winner (scheduled for 10/05/2018) (except for those expenses incurred as part of the prize) including but not limited to airfare upgrades, room upgrades, additional guests or passengers, additional meals, spending money or ancillary costs.
- When checking into the hotel in Sydney prior to the national announcement of the Winner, Finalists or their Nominators may be required to present their credit card in order to cover any incidental expenses they may incur during their stay at the hotel.
- Nominees and Nominators agree to the reproduction, in full or part, of the nomination, including the supporting statement and any photographic material provided by the Nominator as part of their nomination in any media materials (including on social media) and in the website, newsletters, marketing material and other publications relating to the Promotion of the Promoter and third parties involved in the Promotion. Nominees and Nominators agree to the Promoter providing these materials (including any personal information) to third parties involved in the Promotion for this purpose.
- Both the Nominees and Nominators agree to assign any rights they hold (including but not limited to copyright, moral rights and common law rights) in any material relating to the Promotion (including written and photographic) to the Promoter.
- The Finalists, the Winner and each of their Nominators consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice collected at any of the events associated with the Promotion (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media promotion (including on social media) and the Promoter’s website, newsletters, marketing material and other publications for an unlimited period for the purpose of promoting the Promotion and/or the work of the Promoter, promoting any products or services offered by a Sponsor, and services offered by the Promoter.
- Nominees and Nominators agree to undertake all media and promotional activities relating to the Promotion as reasonably directed by the Promoter, including but not limited to television, radio, print and online media interviews, appearing in Sponsor publications, appearances in relation to the promotion generally and consent to being featured as the Promoter’s “Mother of the Week”, Finalist or Winner of the Promotion should they be selected. The Promoter’s Mother of the Week, Finalists or Winner of the Promotion may also be required to be involved in promotional activities undertaken by a Sponsor of the Promotion or in promotional material displayed on the Sponsor’s website.
- The Nominees and Nominators are not entitled to receive any payment or benefit from the Promoter for their participation in any media or promotional activities. However, in its sole discretion, the Promoter may agree to reimburse the reasonable expenses incurred by a Nominee and their Nominator in participating in such media or promotional activities. The Promoter will in its discretion cover the reasonable costs of the Winner participating in activities in their capacity as ‘Mother of the Year.’
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of nominations (including but not limited to a Nominee’s identity, age, place of residence, Working with Children checks, police checks, and reference checks) and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the nomination process, providing false information or for submitting a nomination, which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Nominee agrees to participate in all required checks including doing all such things necessary to permit the Promoter to undertake the checks.
- The Promoter may contact a Nominee, Nominator, or referee at any time after receiving a nomination, to determine whether the nomination meets the eligibility requirements and/or to assess the nomination.
- If requested by the Promoter, Nominees must authorise and direct the Australian Federal Police and all other police services to release details of any their previous convictions to the Promoter (ABN 18 068 557 906) and/or their solicitors.
- Finalists must be available to attend the relevant state or territory announcement event (scheduled to take place between 16/04/2018 and 26/04/2018) in the capital city of their respective state or territory and to travel to Sydney to attend the national announcement event (scheduled to take place on 10/05/2018).
- The Promoter will notify Finalists by email and phone (as well as the Nominator of each Finalist). The Winner will be announced at the national announcement event to be held in Sydney on 10/05/2018.
- Nominators agree to make the Nominees aware of these Terms and Conditions of entry and obtain from the Nominee all necessary authorisations, consents, documents and undertakings to meet these Terms and Conditions of entry as required by the Promoter.
- The Nominator and Nominee hereby release the Promoter from all claims, demands, suits, judgments, cross claims and set-offs, including any claim in negligence arising out of or incidental to the conduct of the Promotion and hereby indemnify the Promoter from and against all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions of entry.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database, and NOT at the time of entry or submission by the Nominator.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Promoter’s website are the Nominator’s responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the nomination entry form shall be deemed invalid.
- Unsuccessful Nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
- Posthumous nominations are not permitted.
- Nominees are selected to the Shortlist by the Promoter assessing nominations and eligibility for the Promotion only.
- Finalists are determined by the judging panel assessing the Shortlisted nominations, and reference checks, such checks to be conducted by the Promoter.
- The selection of the Finalists and the Winner reflect the nominations received and information available to the Promoter and the judging panel at the time of judging. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Nominee or retract an award at any time during the Promotion if adverse information regarding the Nominee’s suitability or appropriateness is received, or if the Nominee’s conduct adversely affects the reputation or goodwill of the Promoter, including after the Finalists and the Winner have been announced. The Promoter or any third party involved in the Promotion from time to time (including Sponsors, partners, prize providers and the ambassadors) will not be liable for loss or damages incurred by a Nominee or Nominator as a result of the Promoter’s decision to disqualify a nomination or retract an award.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to withdraw or amend the Promotion (including these Terms and Conditions of entry) as necessary at any time during the Promotion Period, due to circumstances beyond its control or if the Promoter becomes aware of any matters which may affect the security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such a case, the Promoter will use its reasonable efforts to notify Nominees, the form of such notification to be in the complete discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damages incurred by a Nominee, Nominator or any other person as a result of the Promoter’s decision to cease or amend the Promotion.
- Nominators who check the communications “tick box” at the time of entry into the Promotion consent to receive future communications (including email and other electronic communications) regarding the Promotion, the Promoter’s products, services and events, and to promote third party goods and services.