TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BARNARDOS MOTHER OF THE YEAR 2017
i. The ‘Promoter’ is Barnardos Australia, ABN 18 068 557 906.
ii. The ‘Promotion’ is Barnardos Mother of the Year 2017.
iii. The ‘Awards’ is Barnardos Mother of the Year 2017.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
1. Entry is open to all residents of Australia except for: i. employees of Barnardos Australia, or members of their families ii. Barnardos Australia carers, either paid, voluntary or otherwise or members of their families; iii. members of the judging panel or members of their families or their immediate employees.
2. This is not a game of chance. Chance plays no part in determining the finalists and winners. The Promotion will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this Promotion is binding on all who enter. No correspondence will be entered into.
3. Promotion commences 05/05/2016 and final entries close at 11.59pm EDT on 26/02/2017.
4. Judging will be held on or around 26/03/2017 at the Promoter’s head office, 60-64 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW 2007.
5. Prizes: A list of prizes will be available of the website.
6. Prize values are correct at the time of publishing. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes are at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to change without notice (and may be replaced with an alternate prize of the equivalent AUD$ value).
7. To the extent permitted by law the Promoter or any third party involved in the Promotion from time to time, including sponsors, Awards partners, and prize providers make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prize/s and the Promoter will not be liable for loss or damage, including personal injury, suffered whilst using the prize/s.
8. Nominees and nominators must agree to the reproduction, in full or part, of the supporting statement of the nominator/nomination, including photographic material in the media (including on social media).
10. Nominees and nominators agree to assign any rights they hold (including but not limited to copyright, moral rights and common law rights) in any material (including written and photographic) to the Promoter.
11. Nominees and nominators selected as state and territory finalists and winners consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice collected at any of the events associated with the Awards including but not limited to any of the state and territory Awards ceremonies and/or national announcement events (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media promotion (including on social media) for an unlimited period for the purpose of promoting the Awards and/or the work of Barnardos Australia (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
12. Nominees and nominators agree to undertake all media and promotional activities as directed by the Promoter, including but not limited to television, radio, print and online media interviews, appearances in relation to the promotion generally and consent to being featured as the Barnardos Mother of the Week, Finalist or Recipient of Barnardos Mother of the Year 2017 should they be selected. The nominees and nominators will not receive any payment or benefit from the Promoter for their participation in any media or promotional activities although the promoter may agree to cover the nominee and nominators reasonable expenses of participating in the media or promotional activity at the discretion of the promoter.
13. Nominations must be made via the Promoter’s official nomination form available on the official Barnardos Mother of the Year website or the official Barnardos Mother of the Year Facebook page or on request from the Awards team. The nominator must describe in less than 400 words why the nominee should be considered for the award. Any nominations exceeding 400 words may not be eligible. All shortlisted nominations must provide a photo of the nominee and the contact details of a referee (other than the nominator) including their telephone number who can be contacted by the Promoter in support of the nomination.
14. The referee should be another person aside from the nominator, who is over eighteen (18) years, not related to or living with the nominee (the mum you are nominating) and who has known the nominee for two years or more. They could be a friend, colleague or somebody in the community who can be contacted during the judging period to ask any further questions or obtain any additional information for the judges, if necessary. It is compulsory to provide a non-related (non family member) referee, including their full contact details, for your nomination to be considered.
15. The Promoter, or any company involved in the Promotion from time to time, including sponsors, Awards partners, and prize providers take no responsibility for any expenses, personal or otherwise, including room upgrades or additional guests or passengers of any finalist and/or nominator other than economy airfares and accommodation associated with the national announcement (scheduled 11/05/2017) for each individual state and territory finalist and their nominator only. The Promoter may at its sole discretion directly cover or reimburse in part or in full the nominee and nominator for reasonable travel expenses associated with attending the state and territory (scheduled 17/04/2017 – 24/04/2017) announcement, from within the Australian state or territory in which the announcement occurs. Travel provided by the Promoter to the national announcement is from within Australia only.
16. Finalists and their nominators may be required to present their credit card at the time of check in at accommodation to cover all incidentals they may incur during their stay at the hotel.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of nominations (including but not limited to a nominee’s identity, age, place of residence, police checks, and reference checks) and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the nomination process or for submitting a nomination, which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. The Promoter may contact a nominee, nominator, or referee at any time after receiving a nomination, for the purpose of determining whether the nomination meets the eligibility requirements. The referee should be another person aside from the nominator, who is over eighteen (18) years, not related to or living with the nominee (the mum you are nominating) and who has known the nominee for two years or more. They could be a friend, colleague or somebody in the community who can be contacted during the judging period to ask any further questions or obtain any additional information for the judges, if necessary. It is compulsory to provide a non-related (non family member) referee, including their full contact details, for your nomination to be considered.
19. Nominees must authorise and direct the Federal Police Service and all other police services to release criminal antecedents of the nominees to the Promoter (ABN 18 068 557 906) and/or their solicitors.
20. State and territory finalists must be available to attend the state and territory announcement (scheduled between 17/04/2017 and 24/04/2017) in the capital city of their respective Australian state or territory and to travel to Sydney to attend the national announcement (scheduled 11/05/2017).
21. State and territory finalists will be notified by email and phone. The national winner will be announced at the National Announcement held in Sydney on 11/05/2017. 22. Nominators will forthwith make the nominees aware of the Terms and Conditions of entry contained herein and published on www.motheroftheryear.com.au and obtain from the nominee all necessary authorisations, consent, documents and undertakings to meet the Terms and Conditions of entry as required by the Promoter.
23. The nominator hereby releases the Promoter from all claims, demands, suits, judgments, cross claims and set-offs, including any claim in negligence arising out of or incidental to the conduct of Barnardos Mother of the Year Awards and hereby indemnifies the Promoter from any claim, including any claim in negligence initiated by the nominee or any third party.
24. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database, and NOT at the time of transmission by the nominator.
25. Any costs associated with accessing the Promoter’s website is the nominator’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the nomination entry form shall be deemed invalid.
26. Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
27. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
28. Awards will not be granted posthumously.
29. The shortlist is determined by nominations.
30. The finalists are determined by nominations and reference checks.
31. The selection of winners and finalists reflect the nominations received and information available to the selection and judging panels at the time. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw and terminate a nomination or award at any time during the awards process if further information as to the nominee’s suitability or appropriateness or the nominee’s conduct draws the Barnardos Mother of the Year Awards into disrepute, including after the finalists and winners have been announced. The Promoter will not be liable for loss or damages incurred by the nominee or nominator as a result of the Promoters decision to withdraw or terminate a nomination or award.
32. If the Promoter is unable to complete the promotion for any reason beyond its control or becomes aware of any matters which may affect the security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cease the Promotion. The Promoter will make reasonable endeavours to provide fair notification to entrants with the form of such notification at the complete discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter will not be liable for loss or damages incurred by the nominee, nominator or any other person as a result of the Promoter’s decision to cease the Promotion.
33. By entering the competition the nominee and nominator consent to the receipt of information in future years (including email and other electronic media) regarding the Promotion, and to inform the nominee and nominator of the Promoter’s products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in and to supply these contact details to third parties associated with the Promotion including any sponsor, partner or associate.